What is Project Thanksgiving?
We at D3 have realized that there are always those in every city (and also in Winnemucca) who can't provide a thanksgiving day meal for their family. We all know this is a special time when families get together and enjoy a day of thankfulness and togetherness that helps each family grow closer to one another and thereby spreading this loving atmosphere into the community. Starting this year, D3 Church is partnering with local schools and businesses to outfit at least 50 of these families with everything they need to celebrate and enjoy a day of togetherness with the rest of our country.
- Sonoma Heights Elementary School (Sonoma originally started a Thanksgiving drive, that we found out about and collaborated to form Project Thanksgiving)
- Winnemucca Grammar School
- Zion Lutheran Church and Preschool
- Learning Ladder Preschool
Ways you can help:
- Encourage your school (or business) to gather items needed for a thanksgiving day meal, including:
- Turkey vouchers
- Boxed stuffing
- Pack of Gravy
- Canned cranberry sauce
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Canned yams
- Boxed mashed potatoes
- Disposable roasting pans
- Sparkling cider
- and other items
- Donate money to the church, noting it is to be used specifically for Project Thanksgiving supplies
- Write letters to local grocery stores asking them to get in touch with us and donate goods themselves
- To ask for other ways you can help, contact us using the form on our CONTACT page
- We're in the final week of the Project now, so if you'd like to help, PLEASE contact us as soon as possible to coordinate getting any donations in.
- All of the Project Partners have been HUGE in playing their part in making this thing happen. We've got most of all the stuff we need for the 50 baskets we set out to provide. Here are just a few things that we still need:
- 12 disposable turkey roasting pans
- 38 bottles of apple cider
- 13 cans of cranberry sauce
- 37 cans of yams
- 20+ packs of instant potatoes
- Again, if we end up having more, then we'll just find more families to help, so let's band together and finish strong!